Studying at the Fitz
The Institute does not offer undergraduate study opportunities although an Honours programme is offered in conjunction with the Department of Biological Sciences.
Postgraduate Study Opportunities include the Institute's internationally acclaimed Conservation Biology Masters Programme and research based MScs and PhDs. The Institute also routinely accommodates post-doctoral research fellows.
There are a number of scholarships available to students wishing to study at the Institute. Further details about these can be obtained from the Postgraduate Funding Office or from the coordinators of the individual Research Programmes
We also offer the opportunity for biology students to gain work experience through volunteer work. Volunteer opportunities are usually unpaid positions, although travel costs are sometimes covered. Contact the coordinator of the appropriate Research Programme and/ or see the Current news and Vacancies pages for details.
Finding the information you need...
- Contact the coordinator of the relevant Research Programme
- If it's the CB Course you're interested in, read the Conservation Biology Masters Programme page.
- The Institute's Departmental Administrator will be able to provide information about the Institute.
- The International Academic Programmes Office provides information for students who are not South African residents.
- The Postgraduate Funding Office - for financial assistance